Sunday, October 4, 2009

Remaining Pages Due









































Seriously...I cannot have everything done! I plan on bringing as much as I can to the critique so that I can get feedback. I need to develop some new and different pages this time so that I can get direction on those. I have not even thought about a home page. I have an idea for my timeline which I am super excited about but it requires some drawing. I removed everything off my chalkboard and have plastered it with webpage comps to try to make sense of how it is going to work from page to page.

The home page has to be pretty cool if the website is about Tim Burton. It also has to be creative and have some humor involved. No small task...I was kicking some ideas around with a friend and we stared thinking about the movie Batman that Tim Burton directed which led to a YouTube video of some weird parade balloons which then made me think about a movie clip I show in Design Theory from the musical Chicago. The scene is a creative take on a lawyer who is telling his client to lie to the press about how she murdered her boyfriend. In the scene he plays the role of a puppeteer. He is in control of the girl, the press and is totally enjoying it. I started to think about how Tim Burton has total creative control over his movies. He creates characters, spaces and environments that have his unique style. I decided to design the home page so that it has a hand holding the wooden puppet control. There are several strings dangling and at the end of each string will be a images that will link to different pages. The images correspond to the pages (i.e. a pocket watch for the timeline page). I think I am going to add an Edward Scissorhand that will appear to be trying to cut one of the strings to get some humor as well as some balance between that images.

The time line idea involves drawing a series of buildings that will "house" the various movies that he had directed. I will probably separate them by movie or by year depending on how many I need. I may try to do something with hovering on this one so that when the cursor runs over a portion of the building it will show characters from the movies that are shown in more detail when clicked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment